Lecturer English Preparation Discussion.

Information related to lectureship examination will be shared here.
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Nationality: Pakistani

Lecturer English Preparation Discussion.

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

My dear fellows congratulations on qualifying the written test for lecturer English . Now the interview process is approaching and we need to be prepared about it. This thread has been created with the intentions of providing members an opportunity to share their experience, information as well as suggestions with each other for a better and convincing preparation.
As well as prep is concerned, one is required to prepare an impressive introduction which may generate the interest of the panel. Particularly mention those aspects of your personality which distinguish you from others like academic distinctions or extracurricular achievements or creative abilities. Then the basic things which we at least need to prepare about our subject are the following. One need to revise the syllabus of Masters briefly at least , though not in details. At least one need to be aware of the following things like the plot , the stories, themes, characters and important questions about those novels, dramas, poetic pieces and criticism etc. Then one must be prepared about one favorite novelist , dramatist and a poet as well as one novel , drama poetic piece of them each. Besides that , one need to have general idea about how to teach or manage the students. One more thing , the panels are asking about strengths and weaknesses also. That's why be prepared about this end also. If one is already doing some job, they surely are expected to ask about that job experience. Moreover , they ask about some current issues to ascertain the general capability, understanding and confidence of the candidates.
Assistant Director Anti-Corruption Sargodha
www.tassawurbosal.blogspot.com
ayeshahashmi
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Re: Lecturer English Preparation Discussion.

Post by ayeshahashmi »

Good info :-)
umeed100
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by umeed100 »

plz share information about good introduction
furqankhan68
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by furqankhan68 »

Today I came to know k mphil k 2 marks mil rhe hain jbk advertisement main 10 marks likhe thay...can anyone tell me k what is this phenomenon?
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

umeed100 wrote:plz share information about good introduction

As well as the introduction is concerned ,it should be precise and also comprehensive and interest generating at the same time. It should be speaking about you briefly in such a manner as my generate the interest of the Panel. Particularly you should make mention of the things which distinguish you from others.
In my interview of Assistant director Civil Defense , I introduce myself like this.
Sir I am Tasawar Abbas and my father's name is Khizar Hayat. I hail from district M.B. DIN's village Bosal. I belong to an agricultural family. I obtained my early education from the school of my village and did my Masters in English Literature from University of Sargodha. Sir during my university days I had been an active member of Dramatic Club and debating society. After having completed my formal education I took css attempt in order to fulfill my passion of serving in prestigious civil service of Pakistan. I qualified css but could not get allocated. Sir, I also qualified PMS but there also missed the allocation narrowly. Besides this I have an interest in writing and for that I have been writing to mainstream English Newspapers and more then 25 of my writings have been published in the mainstream English Newspaper's and Magazine's . The last of my writing was published about British General Elections . ( http://www.ppscforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=7428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). Moreover I also have my blog. (http://www.tassawurbosal.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Sir! My struggle for making my career is in progress and here I have appeared for the interview before this reverend panel.

umeed100
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by umeed100 »

thanks bro
anilaqadeer
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by anilaqadeer »

Aoa.i have cleared written test for lecturership.but dmc is not uploaded...can anyone tell me why is it so?
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

anilaqadeer wrote:Aoa.i have cleared written test for lecturership.but dmc is not uploaded...can anyone tell me why is it so?

The DMCz of only those have been uploaded who have not been able to pass the written part. The DMCz of successful one are not displayed till final result.
anilaqadeer
Zero Star Member
Zero Star Member

Post by anilaqadeer »

Thank you.can u give me some information about interview panel...i.e how many members will b there n the panel?
Tasawar Bosal
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Post by Tasawar Bosal »

anilaqadeer wrote:Thank you.can u give me some information about interview panel...i.e how many members will b there n the panel?
There would be four members in the Panel. A PPSC member would be presiding over the panel and would be carrying the maximum weight in awarding the marks. Out of the hundred marks of interview it is assumed that 50 marks rest with the PPSC member who is the chairman of the panel while other all members all give marks out of 50 and then the average of the marks given by those members is calculated. .
Like chairman may give 40 out of his 50 marks.
Other three members may give marks like this
A 45/50
B 35/50
C 40/50
The average of these three would be 40. And total marks would be 40 of chairman and then average of these three which supposedly we made 40 so total interview score would be : 80.

Return to “LECTURESHIP”